Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lawrence smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in total charge of your Lawrence home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Lawrence benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even talk to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also gives you complete remote operation via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can carry out:
- View current or saved video streams from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lawrence by setting schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your doors unlock if the fire alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present in your house and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The home screen will show a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will cue you to act. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lawrence
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote access, tap phone or email and submit the details to deliver an request.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lawrence home security system. Call (785) 829-4689 to learn more.