Daily home deliveries have become commonplace for numerous homeowners as a result of the rise of online shopping. You appreciate the ease of having goods dropped at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in the open are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy is a significant concern, but you can take action against it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are great tools to combat package theft, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll be a crucial part of your smart home.
Advantages of a Lawrence video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to advance. You are now able to implement detection zones, communicate with individuals on your porch, and get real-time alerts whenever a package is delivered.
The simplest way to understand how a Lawrence video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many perks it offers. Consider these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t get this on each model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading theft with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the whole picture, and that should include the faces of visitors at your door and items on the surface below. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- High-resolution images at any hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the purpose of getting a doorbell camera? The best models will provide amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package arrives? You are able to receive automatic updates from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and boxes.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is a person standing at your door? Bi-directional audio lets you ask their purpose for being there. You might even utilize this beneficial feature to scare off people hanging around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will help you cut down on false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the option to access current and archived video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even permit you to talk with whoever’s at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.